Tuk to the Road

The trials and tukulations of Jo, Ants and Ting Tong the tuk tuk and our three-wheeled odyssey from Bangkok to Brighton...in aid of the mental health charity Mind. For more information please see www.tuktotheroad.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Life on the road is hot and happy

Day 4 and I apologise that the blogs have been slightly lacking, particularly from me (jo). We are now in Phimai and I really need a good wash. I am grubby all over, particluarly my feet which gather dust as we zip down the highway at 60mph (yes, Ting Tong is very fast). Because Ting Tong is exposed to the elements on three sides, you get full access to the environment e.g. dust, sand and copious exhaust fumes from other vehicles.

Just arrived from Khao Yai National Park, which was pretty chilled with the worst food I have ever tasted. Last night we ate crisps, raisins and drank beer- that was supper. Dad bought some Thai crisps, but didn't realise they were cuttlefish flavour and he looked quite unamused. I fed a deer some raisins and gave it a good head rub- my hands were black afterwards. We also visited the waterfall where the scene from The Beach was filmed, although it looked far bigger in the film- I guess clever Hollywood editing.

It was quite high up in the Park (over 1000m I think) and we encountered all kinds of bugs, but no mozzies. It was cool enough not to need fan or air con, but the showers were cold and therefore it wasn't the most relaxing wash I have ever had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home