Tuk to the Road

The trials and tukulations of Jo, Ants and Ting Tong the tuk tuk and our three-wheeled odyssey from Bangkok to Brighton...in aid of the mental health charity Mind. For more information please see www.tuktotheroad.com

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Jo's car boot

I am bloody knackered. This morning I was up at 5.30am and nearly fell down the stairs carrying a box the size of a large child. Why? I went to my local car boot sale at Brighton station. Now my tummy is rumbling and I am tired. I am quite tempted to have a little doze on the sofa, but knowing me I will then wake up in about 5 hours time.
I was selling a whole load of crap (not literally) that I have accumulated over the last 20 years. I made a profit of about 30 squid, which is better than a kick in the head. It makes me laugh, because people will haggle over fifty pence, while holding a fag (25 pence), drinking a cup of tea from the cafe (100 pence) and eating a minging greasy burger (250 pence). To me, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever (bunch of tossers- not everyone at the car boot, just the pikey hagglers).
Anyway, it is a lovely sunny day and I am now going to go and string up some hammocks for my ferrets.
2 weeks to go now and everything in my life revolves around tuk tuks- so much so that I forgot my god daughter's first birthday. So, belated happy birthday Hope, love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home