Tuk to the Road

The trials and tukulations of Jo, Ants and Ting Tong the tuk tuk and our three-wheeled odyssey from Bangkok to Brighton...in aid of the mental health charity Mind. For more information please see www.tuktotheroad.com

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Skype on board

Hello one and all,

Exciting news - Skype confirmed this week that they are going to sponsor us. Of course we are thrilled to be in cahoots with such a well known brand and are looking forward to calling everyone via Skype from the back of the tuk tuk. If you haven't already discovered Skype, get on to it. Its amazing. I've been having Russian lessons via Skype with my teacher Vanda; she in her house in Sweden and I in my house in Norfolk. Technology eh...

Jo is in India till Monday seeing Raja. Sounds like she is having fun and her last email recounted an ear piercing festival she had been to.

Plans for the launch party are shaping up. As I said earlier, its at The Cobden Club in London on May 17th and is going to be a musical feast. The superbly talented Alice McLaughlin is going to be singing (www.alicemclaughlin.com) and I'm hoping to confirm the rest of the bands by the end of the week. Plus there will be a raffle worth spending your pennies on.

My friends Bella and Ewan have just come back from 3 weeks in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos and said that it was unbearably hot, and that one night it rained so much in Bangkok the water was up to their knees. By May it'll be even hotter and with the monsoon looming there are a bound to be a few more of these flash floods. I've been caught in them before and the volume of water is astonishing, incomparable to anything you will ever experience in this country.

Off to Nightmares on Wax at The Waterfront in Norwich tonight then if I've got the energy Roni Size at Po Na Na's. Something about having Ants in my pants and needing to dance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home