Tuk to the Road

The trials and tukulations of Jo, Ants and Ting Tong the tuk tuk and our three-wheeled odyssey from Bangkok to Brighton...in aid of the mental health charity Mind. For more information please see www.tuktotheroad.com

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Time flies

I can’t believe this time one year ago we were on the road. The last year has whizzed by and I still don’t feel like I have had the chance to process our adventures fully.
Life has been super busy ever since getting back and I get my end of year results for medical school in the next couple of days. If I pass then I go onto the five year medical course and if I fail………serving burgers in McDonalds!
What is really exciting at the moment is that our book is coming out soon, August 3rd. Some people have already received advance copies and the feedback so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Hopefully if the book sells well then we will hit our target of raising £50,000 for Mind.
Ting Tong has now got her UK number plate and she is happily whizzing around the south of England. A couple of weeks ago she attended her first wedding (in Devon) and on the way home she stopped off to visit Stone Henge. It rained for most of the journey, but amazingly there were no spark plug issues. Having said that, on the morning of the wedding we had to get a pull start around Torquay station and so she did misbehave a little.
I am feeling like I am not firing on all cylinders at the moment. I think it is a combination of tiredness, anticlimax (exams), bad weather, missing my fiancé etc… I am sure I will perk up soon.
Keep a look out for our book, Tuk tuk to the road, and buy it for all your friends and family.

P.S. I have just found out that I have passed all of my summer exams, which is a big relief.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steph Hein said...

Hello Ladies! I have pre-ordered the book and am looking forward to re-reading the postings. It is amazing it has been a year since I was daily checking the blog ~ a lot has changed, good and bad - but that is life. Thanks for drawing attention to an important cause!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Garry said...

Heard your story on the radio, great journey, very envious. Good luck with the book and your next steps.

2:32 AM  
Blogger tuktotheroad said...

thanks guys, keep checking this blog for details of the book launch at the end of August x

3:03 AM  
Blogger Five Ashes Fuzzies said...

Whoo Hoo! We look forward to our bedtime story now: Mummy reads us a bit of Auntie Jo and Auntie Ants adventures every night and we remember our fuzzy friends under the apple tree telling us their latest blogs and emails to Auntie Jo. We like your book - it smells lovely to ferrets.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Nicola Tweed said...

Hello, I picked up a copy of your book on Friday and havent been glued to ever since. What an amazing adventure, I think it was such an admirable thing to do.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Nicola Tweed said...

I meant have been glued to it!!! he he he

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home